About the Position:
The Media Solutions Engineer Role is a new, exciting and rewarding position at Syncro.
This individual must have an overall knowledge of broadcast technologies, advertising, Media, television systems and theories. This individual should have a full understanding of Syncro’s workflows and procedure. The Media Solutions Engineer must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, handle conflicting priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propensity for learning new technologies, troubleshooting and finding solutions to complex issues.
- Operate and Support file based encoding\transcoding solutions, Ingest\Outbound workflows, MAM, Accelerated File Transfer solutions, Broadcast Automation software, Web Services, Quality Control.
- Keen ability to interpret and implement work requests from a variety of internal departments such as Sales and Customer Support.
- Candidate will be involved in the planning and design phases surrounding new and evolving media production pipelines, as an integral part of Syncro’s new Cloud based transcoding projects, using cutting edge solutions from AWS, Telestream and other vendors..
- Interface with partnered support engineering to correct issues, and develop new solutions.
- Assist and advise in onboarding new clients with specific file spec and delivery requirements.
- Must be flexible and adapt to working under deadlines, able to complete Duties and Responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Key Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of RESTful Services and APIs integration.
- Strong skills in XML and JSON message formats.
- Operational experience in AWS Architecture and Services.
- Experience in Cloud Video Transcoding and QC processes and workflow design.
- Scripting skills, demonstrated ability to automate processes.
- Knowledge and experience in Media Asset Management software – CatDV, Iconik.
- Understanding of NLE editing systems and workflows – Premiere, Final Cut
- Proficient in accessing and managing on prem and cloud storage systems, AWS S3, Windows, Mac, QNAP
- Experience using Creative Applications Including After Effects, Adobe Photoshop,
- Solid understanding of TCP Networking Concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, OSX client and server operating systems.
- Deep Knowledge of broadcast video formats, protocols and encoding standards.
- Thorough knowledge of Telestream’s Vantage Media Processing Platform from Ingest to Distribution.
- Deep knowledge Interra Baton QC.
- Experience in QC process and workflow design.
- End-to-end IT Systems knowledge.
- Familiarity with accelerated delivery solutions: (Signiant, Aspera,S3)
This is a full-time position that will require a level of high availability.
This position can be remote.
Benefits offered include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K